Other changes to extensions
The following extensions can no longer be disabled during build
Changes in extension behaviour, and new features:
Date and Time
- The TZ environment variable is no longer used to guess the timezone
- cURL now supports SSH
- dns_check_record() now returns an extra "entries"
index, containing the TXT elements.
- The SHA-224 and salsa hash algorithms are now supported.
- Now supports CP850 encoding.
- A call to oci_close() on a persistent connection, or a
variable referencing a persistent connection going out of scope, will now
roll back any uncommitted transaction. To avoid unexpected behavior,
explicitly issue a commit or roll back as needed. The old behavior can be
enabled with the INI directive
Database Resident Connection Pooling (DRCP) and Fast Application
Notification (FAN) are now supported.
Oracle External Authentication is now supported (except on Windows).
The oci_bind_by_name() function now supports SQLT_AFC
(aka the CHAR datatype).
- OpenSSL digest and cipher functions are now supported. It is also
now possible to access the internal values of DSA, RSA and DH keys.
- Sessions will no longer store session-files in "/tmp"
when open_basedir restrictions
apply, unless "/tmp" is explicitly added to the list of
Now supports sending user supplied HTTP headers.
Now supports persistent connections, by prepending the hostname with
Image Processing and GD
The "JPG Support" index returned from gd_info() has
been renamed to "JPEG Support".
There are no user contributed notes for this page.